Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista
Resultat 16 till 30 av 37

Ämne: Next Step?

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Oktjabrj Visa inlägg
    I guess you're right that the forum was slightly less friendly back in the beginning. It has changed for the better tho and now it's even nick-named "ditt vardagsrum på nätet". Promise, we're very welcoming in the Swedish part of the forum too!
    Yes, I noticed too that it changed a lot, but it still feels most of the times that no other than the "regulars" are welcome and everyone else can just (sorry for the choice of word but) gtfo. But the living room comparison is very fitting, it's like a living room with huge windows where we can watch the cool people party together as long as we stay outside and quiet because if we try to step in, we are either getting pushed out or just taken for air.

I'm exactly like that! I'm here very often and read almost everything that's posted, but I hardly ever post anything myself. Guess I'm shy even online I'm close to fluent in Swedish, but I never end up posting in the Swedish forum because it feels like it's such a tight group of people there, which makes it harder to just jump in and write something. Sometimes you see new people posting there, but they often simply get ignored or lost in the chatting like stjärnor said. Also, I'm not a big expert when it comes to kent, I just enjoy the music a lot. So that can make me feel a bit stupid.
    Yes, it kind of feels strange and very awkward to virtually walk up to a closed circle of people and try to earn acceptance. I'm not like that in real life either, I don't make friends easily and I'm really bad at small talk. It somehow feels like that posting there would be like trying to belong somewhere I don't actually belong, because I am not one of them. And I experienced what stjärnor wrote about. I got ignored so soundly that I never considered trying again. I was a nervous wreck about posting, trying to be very easy-going, checked every sentence like a million times and spent nearly three hours after I posted refreshing the forum every 2-3 minutes. Nothing. So I got the message and never tried again. If I'm not welcome to the party, I won't come and crash it. Sorry if it sounds very disillusioned, but I was really keen on "belonging." I even wrote a quite long review-ish thing about JÄIRFM in Swedish which I wanted to post, but I just scrapped it after the ignore thing. And honestly, it was just my personal opinion, totally uninteresting to anyone but me. Luckily I have friends who like kent too (5 fans and 2 "okay band to listen to when i'm in the mood"), so I just do my talk with people who are interested in me and my views.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2009

Standard

Right, I guess you got me thinking there about how friendly and welcoming we are, writing in Swedish all the time! I promise to improve a bit and write in the English threads too and will absolutely not make any comments if/when you try the Swedish threads! I think its fascinating that Kent has so many fans from other countries because for me the lyrics are essential, but I guess a good song is always a good song!

Next step? I think they will be working with quite a few other artists and projects, and we have a lot to look forward to, but (sadly) not any new Kent-songs or tours in the nearest future...
    Jag har skyhöga krav och det här är lagom

Standard

because for me the lyrics are essential,
    Yes, for me too. I didn't appreciate kent as much as I do now that I know Swedish. I listened to them for 2 years before I kind of "had to" (long uninteresting story) learn Swedish at my job, and it was only after I understood what the songs were about I really fell for them. Before that they were just a nice band to listen to.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

This is just like me. In real life I'm the wee quiet one and always take a while before I'm comfortable enough in a group of people before I'm ready to join in. (Then you can't get me to shut up!) But yeah, I tried a few times to join in on the main forum (not just the chat thread either) while paranoid about my swedish grammar, spelling, word order, etc. Usually nothing, not even a reply, and the conversation moves on.

I don't think they realised how nerve wracking it is to firstly jump in a thread/group that's already established and also do it in another language (which I know some of you have to do in here, and I'm glad you do, thanks guys!). It's not like just typing in here, I'll blabber on and know that you guys can just gloss over it if you wish, but I also know that you'll be able (hopefully!) to understand and reply if you wish and it'll not be passed over or ignored. I don't have to go over it and make sure I got it written correctly before I post and think "Did i write something totally inappropriate?" Do you know what, if someone posts in here and their english isn't 100% perfect, I don't care, I'm just here to chat about kent, and the more people in here, the merrier.

Oktjabrj- thanks for posting in here (and replying to me on the other thread)- when you swedes come in here it makes me feel that this little bit of kentland isn't so disconnected from you guys over there!

Edit- and nyårslöftet too, hello & thanks!
    Senast redigerat av stjärnor den 2012-10-08 klockan 18:37.
    coloursatnight

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2009

Standard

And it´s not like we all know each other that well either... just becase we´re Swedish, it´s not that small in Sweden! I´ve only met utomjording and oktjaber IRL (they are both really nice and goodlooking! ).

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Yeah I can understand why you guys don't always post in here, to write the same thing twice is a bit.... inefficient I guess it's nice to discuss what (for me at least) is a bit of a best kept secret, no-one has any idea what you are talking about if you mention them here!

nyårslöftet: Hello! Nice of you to drop in, I know what you mean re: lyrics being important. But at the same time, if I could only tell you what a magical world Kent is with only the music. It's something quite special as it is almost, you can still feel the emotions even if you can't understand anything. As a musician it's actually nice to listen to something without my own judgement on words clouding the songs and taking them for face value. I'd say up to now I love about 90% of their material.

I know other communities, and I expect it's the same on forums throughout the world, there are people who go in there a lot and yes to go in one where you don't know the language that well would seem to be making it difficult for yourself. As long as you have a small group of people, who just want a relevant discussion that's all good. It just so happens most of them speak Swedish and want to talk Kent in Swedish. Makes perfect sense to me but it would be super super great if anyone wanted to come here and talk from time to time too!

Erfaren medlem Oktjabrjs avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    Yes, I noticed too that it changed a lot, but it still feels most of the times that no other than the "regulars" are welcome and everyone else can just (sorry for the choice of word but) gtfo. But the living room comparison is very fitting, it's like a living room with huge windows where we can watch the cool people party together as long as we stay outside and quiet because if we try to step in, we are either getting pushed out or just taken for air.
    The Swedish-speaking regulars seem to be fewer now than, say, around the release of Röd. Then people are not that interactive but I think the problem is that the low activity makes people a bit bored and then they do other stuff or just reply to the people they know really well from before. To become "part of it" you should write quite regularly for a few days. Then people will be friendlier because they will know you better. And, I promise you, it doesn't matter what you write, since there are so many different types of people around here already

Citat Ursprungligen postat av stjärnor Visa inlägg
    Oktjabrj- thanks for posting in here (and replying to me on the other thread)- when you swedes come in here it makes me feel that this little bit of kentland isn't so disconnected from you guys over there!
    You're welcome stjärnor! This connection makes the forum really nice and I always think it's good reading how people from elsewhere look at our little music phenomenon

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Nyårslöftet Visa inlägg
    And it´s not like we all know each other that well either... just becase we´re Swedish, it´s not that small in Sweden! I´ve only met utomjording and oktjaber IRL (they are both really nice and goodlooking! ).
    Hello, löftet! This forum is great for my self-confidence I haven't met too many either and you're definitively one of the most goodlooking! There are many really nice forum regulars from what I know.
    Ba-ba-da-ba-da-ba-di-di

Medlem tricksters avatar
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2004

Standard

I was hoping that since we got almost no extra tracks that they are saving them for an EP.
    I wouldnt mind some new songs in 2013 in the form of JAIRFM sessions recordings. Not talking about a whole new LP.
    ett perfekt substitut

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

I spent today listening to a self made best of. I suspect that won't be the first time that happens over the waiting time

I should point out, I do listen to other bands though hah!

Erfaren medlem Astronaut:s avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2010

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av .namnlös Visa inlägg
    I spent today listening to a self made best of. I suspect that won't be the first time that happens over the waiting time

I should point out, I do listen to other bands though hah!
    have you heard "Ett år utan sommar"? It's available on spotify
    I like that song and I think it should have been added to the new CD.
    I know someday you'll have a beautiful life
    I know you'll be a star in somebody else's sky
    But why, why, why can't it be, can't it be mine?

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Astronaut: Visa inlägg
    Spotify is not available in every county. For example in my country it's not. But it should be still up on Soundcloud.

Tho as it is a B-side to Tänd på, in my view it does belong to the album in a way.

Standard

The Swedish-speaking regulars seem to be fewer now than, say, around the release of Röd. Then people are not that interactive but I think the problem is that the low activity makes people a bit bored and then they do other stuff or just reply to the people they know really well from before. To become "part of it" you should write quite regularly for a few days. Then people will be friendlier because they will know you better. And, I promise you, it doesn't matter what you write, since there are so many different types of people around here already
    I guess I should try a little harder then. Gosh, it's more difficult than trying to get someone out on a date.

Erfaren medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2009

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av jazzpurist Visa inlägg
    I guess I should try a little harder then. Gosh, it's more difficult than trying to get someone out on a date.

Just consider the sad lifes Swedish men live then!!!

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    May 2012

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Astronaut: Visa inlägg
    Yeah that's on my playlist actually Nice little song. That's one of the other things I like about kent is that within the rough niche they've carved out for themselves, recently, they've moved around a lot in terms of style. The next record could be all chilled and acoustic or it could be full of synth and other such noises.

Medlem stjärnors avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2007

Standard

Oooo, to go way back, I don't know if you've seen/ heard these. Henke (the guy who runs this forum & kent.nu) put up some really old kent demos on soundcloud. They were on a really old version of the kent site years ago. The link I've put it to 'En perfekt värld' which is my fave of the demos (wish this had been in the box set) but the others are on Henke's page at soundcloud.

Edit, forgot to say, with JÄIRFM I totally was expecting more synth, not the style we got, and I love it! I love how (as you said) kent are able to shift their style while still sounding like kent.
    coloursatnight

Sidan 2 av 3 FörstaFörsta 123 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •