Resultat 1 till 10 av 10

Ämne: Quick question for my Euro friends...

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard Quick question for my Euro friends...

This came up in discussion today, and I was wondering who do you consider more popular in your countries... Tiger Woods or David Beckham?

I know Tiger is more popular over here, but I always figured he had nothing on Beckham worldwide... am I wrong?

Thanks!
    Eric
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Erfaren medlem loveavtrycks avatar
    Reg.datum
    Oct 2007

Standard

beckham is more popular than woods
    på mitt golv bland skärvor och glas finns en bit av ditt hjärta kvar
    och alla tusen mirakel, som jag lovade dig en natt

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av ericthirdrow Visa inlägg
    This came up in discussion today, and I was wondering who do you consider more popular in your countries... Tiger Woods or David Beckham?

I know Tiger is more popular over here, but I always figured he had nothing on Beckham worldwide... am I wrong?

Thanks!
    Eric
    Beckham is certainly NOT AT ALL popular in my neck of the woods. That's London, btw, where he's actually originally from. Overrated has-been, frankly. Not much pace, can't tackle, can't go past people, can't head the ball... good at free kicks and corners but for that price I'd want a lot more. People do say he's a nice bloke, but my god he's so dim... Plus there's the comedy voice, and such a fashion victim, not to mention the hideous wife... oh stop me now before I go on another rant!

Suffice to say, we much prefer Tiger. Now there's a real sporting giant - giant in the sense of his talent rather than his publicity machine.

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Tiger Woods has a Swedish girlfriend/wife, so I guess that's good for his popularity in Sweden. On the other hand, football is a more popular sport than golf.

I think the concept of "popular" is hard to grasp. It might be easier to say who's the most famous person. In that case it's probably Beckham, because more people are interested in football.
    Låt dom komma nu

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Tiger is highly respected in Europe. Although both aren't rising stars anymore, Tiger Woods news is greeted with more interest. Too bad he'll be out for some time due to injury. His latest victory at the U.S. open was covered by practically all news media.

Beckham ist somewhat of a joke figure nowadays after failing in Madrid and transferring to an inferior league. Things got even worse after his wife was voted worst dressed woman and he cried after being booted from the English team (he's back again now, though)...

Erfaren medlem Myrpous avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2008

Standard

Beckham! without a slight bit of doubt, despite tiger's wife being a swede.

I think Beckham might be one of the most known people on the planet.
    Sláinte Mhath!

Moderator utomjordings avatar
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Myrpou Visa inlägg
    Beckham! without a slight bit of doubt, despite tiger's wife being a swede.

I think Beckham might be one of the most known people on the planet.
    Yes, he might be one of the most famous people on the planet, but is he the most popular?
    Famous and popular isn't the same thing, is it?
    Låt dom komma nu

Erfaren medlem Myrpous avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2008

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    Yes, he might be one of the most famous people on the planet, but is he the most popular?
    I suppose you're right, but i really do think Beckham is the most popular of the two. Beckham was a very professional football player without any significant scandals. He's probably fairly overrated and overhyped but considering how much he has done for such teams as Manchester United, Real Madrid and the english national team, i think he's one of the most respected football players and sportsmen in europe, including Sweden.

I don't think Tiger Woods has made a really big impact on the swedish people in general, even though his career has been terribly successful.
    Senast redigerat av Myrpou den 2008-07-12 klockan 15:25.
    Sláinte Mhath!

Medlem ericthirdrows avatar
    Reg.datum
    Feb 2004

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av utomjording Visa inlägg
    The question was posed to me as 'most well known' so I think it would encompass both famous and popular and even infamous.

Thanks for the responses! Interesting to see how those outside of America feel on the subject. :-)
    "Love is watching someone die.
    So who's going to watch you die?"

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

I think David Beckham is more popular in the Netherlands.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •