Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista
Resultat 1 till 15 av 20

Ämne: 09/12 Copenhagen at KB Hallen

Medlem sakermansers avatar
    Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard 09/12 Copenhagen at KB Hallen

Is anyone going to this gig? I will be going by myself and have never been to Denmark before...anyone have any suggestions on what to check out in Copenhagen and any tips that could help make my trip a bit smoother? Also, does anyone have any hostel/hotel recommendations? I am looking for a relatively cheap one since I am a student and can't afford to be too posh!

Do they accept Euros in Denmark or Sweden? And does anyone know how to get to Malmö from Copenhagen?
    Senast redigerat av sakermanser den 2007-12-03 klockan 22:43.

Nybörjare
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2007

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sakermanser Visa inlägg
    Is anyone going to this gig? I will be going by myself and have never been to Denmark before...anyone have any suggestions on what to check out in Copenhagen and any tips that could help make my trip a bit smoother? Also, does anyone have any hostel/hotel recommendations? I am looking for a relatively cheap one since I am a student and can't afford to be too posh!

Do they accept Euros in Denmark or Sweden? And does anyone know how to get to Malmö from Copenhagen?
    i´m going to the gig 8/12. you have to take a tour on "stroget" it`s a very long street in copenhagen where you can get almost anything you want. and check out sondermarken as well. I know a great hotel downtown. It´s called "scandic" maybe a bit too expensive but very nice. Idon know if they are accepting euros in denmark. but in sweden they are at some places. But there is "fortex" or however you spell that at malmö central. from copenhagen you just take the "öresundståg" from copenhagen trainstation to malmö it´s about 15min over the bridge.

Good luck and have fun ^^
    i just can´t get enough

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

It's possible some shops do, but don't forget to bring Danish and Swedish Krones.
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Do they accept Euros in Denmark or Sweden?
    If you have a credit card that would be the best way to go. Although you definitely should have some Kronor just in case you're at a place that doesn't take credit cards.
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Thanks for the advice guys! I went to get some money exchanged this week. A lot of places were offering rates but they didn't actually have any in stock, lol.

Does it cost anything to enter Malmö from Copenhagen aside from the train ticket (does anyone know what the train ticket actually costs too)? Are there toll bridges on the other side and I am assuming I will need my passport too?

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

If you have a debit card you will be able to withdraw the proper currency from an ATM. I am not sure as far as the trains go though. I have never travelled to Copenhagen from Malmö but here is a link to the train company mentioned above, it's also in English. I think the price depends on where you catch the train from and which station you're taking the train to.

http://www.skanetrafiken.se/template...epslanguage=EN
    Sju sjösjuka sjömän sköttes av sjuttisju sköna sjuksköterskor på det sjunkande skeppet Shanghai.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Jul 2005

Standard

Does it cost anything to enter Malmö from Copenhagen aside from the train ticket (does anyone know what the train ticket actually costs too)? Are there toll bridges on the other side and I am assuming I will need my passport too?
    There are no tolls for the train and you don't even need your passport because Sweden and Denmark are part of Schengen, and also have a Scandie-mates things going on re borders too (just don't try and smuggle in too much hard liquour!!) I did the journey in 1995 (for the tent gig in Malmö) and it's really short and very easy, and I don't recall it costing very much at all. There's a great pub opposite Malmö train station too if you find yourself with some time to spare while waiting for the train! It's called The Bishop's Arms I think and has a fine selection of ales.

Oh and don't forget to check out Tivoli while you're in Copenhagen. It's lit so beautifully at this time of year and there's a Christmas market too, very atmospheric. Enjoy yourself! Wish I was coming!

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av canderson Visa inlägg
    If you have a credit card that would be the best way to go. Although you definitely should have some Kronor just in case you're at a place that doesn't take credit cards.

You definitely need cash here. Most places only take local credit cards which require pin codes. Besides that, there's a surcharge on practically every credit card transaction at places that take foreign cards.

Medlem candersons avatar
    Reg.datum
    Nov 2005

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av JukkeBerry Visa inlägg
    You definitely need cash here. Most places only take local credit cards which require pin codes. Besides that, there's a surcharge on practically every credit card transaction at places that take foreign cards.
    I didn't mean you don't need cash. What I'm saying is that you can normally withdraw cash from an Automated Teller Machine when you get to Sweden or Denmark. When I was in Sweden I had no problem withdrawing cash from my account and the charges weren't too bad either. You also get a better exchange rate that way. At least I did.

I also ran into the PIN code issue, but if you tell the cashier there is no code the charge goes through. That was my experience anyhow.

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Hey guys, I'm back from Copenhagen! The gig was amazing, as expected, but alas they did not play some of my favourite songs: "Kevlarsjäl", "Saker man ser" and although not my favourite, I expected them to play "Om du var här" too, but they didn't! "Revolt III" was amazing live!! I think that was my favourite song they played...and "400 slag" was grrreat. They did play a second encore though and they played for 2 hours, so I can't complain really. I wanted to get a setlist so I could post what they played, but the security guard would not give it to me. But when the Swedish girl in front of me asked, they gave it to her!!!...then she snickered at me when she walked away with it. GRRRRR!!!!

Regarding the cash situation, I eventually ran out and they do not accept Euros...I only brought 1000 DKK with me, which I thought would be enough for roughly 2 days, but the Kent merchandise was SO EXPENSIVE (I bought one for 300kr...a third of my budget!) and also everything in Copenhagen was also VERY expensive. I was supposed to get my friend a t-shirt too, but I couldn't afford it. I tried to use my credit card and I ran into the same problem that JukkeBerry described but I was not as lucky as canderson! The machine asked me for a pin and I told him that it didn't have one...so the guy said that they didn't accept it!

I went to get some of my Euros exchanged at Forex on the second day and there was a 25kr. fee, which is kind of steep IMO. In the end I had to live off the McDonald's "Coin Offers" burgers for 15 - 20kr...which was the cheapest thing I could find to eat in Copenhagen, honestly.

For any of you who are interested, it costs 146 DKK return (73 DKK one way) to ride the DSB trains across the Øresund Bridge to Malmö and the ticket gets you free buses around Malmö for the whole day. You were right sandcat, they don't look at passports at all, which I think is a bit dangerous! Malmö was a bit cheaper I found...I'd recommend it for a day trip to anyone. It is really cold there though at this time of year so bring a coat...or two, lol.

Erfaren medlem m@rcos avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2005

Standard

They played a couple of them one day earlier.

http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=1911&page=2
    Citat Ursprungligen postat av snö Visa inlägg
    vilken rolig spoiler du har! jag tycker om sån't som får mitt nyfikna jag att skratta.

Medlem
    Reg.datum
    Dec 2002

Standard

I wanted to get a setlist so I could post what they played, but the security guard would not give it to me. But when the Swedish girl in front of me asked, they gave it to her!!!...then she snickered at me when she walked away with it. GRRRRR!!!!
    Haha, that sounds like my friend and I. The problem is that the security guards aren't allowed to take anything from the stage. Since we have been on several gigs, some of the staff members working on stage know who we are and that's why they gave it to us instead. So sometimes it's good to have a cute little silver-haired girl with you to do the dirty work (in this case, getting the set lists)

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av m@rco Visa inlägg
    They played a couple of them one day earlier.

http://forumet.kent.nu/showthread.php?t=1911&page=2
    NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! >_< I liked the setlist on the day before better. *sigh*

Reg.datum
    Mar 2003

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av Pallish Visa inlägg
    Haha, that sounds like my friend and I. The problem is that the security guards aren't allowed to take anything from the stage. Since we have been on several gigs, some of the staff members working on stage know who we are and that's why they gave it to us instead. So sometimes it's good to have a cute little silver-haired girl with you to do the dirty work (in this case, getting the set lists)
    Yes, I think I remember you! I was standing right behind you and you were with two girls with the "isola" and "kent" tattoos on their wrists yeah?

Medlem JukkeBerrys avatar
    Reg.datum
    Sep 2002

Standard

Citat Ursprungligen postat av sandcat Visa inlägg
    It's called The Bishop's Arms I think and has a fine selection of ales.
    Is that a pub chain? I saw two or so in Stockholm.

Sidan 1 av 2 12 SistaSista

Behörigheter för att posta

• Du får inte posta nya ämnen
  • Du får inte posta svar
  • Du får inte posta bifogade filer
  • Du får inte redigera dina inlägg
  •